Saturday, December 7th, 2019
Registrations – 08:30am / 08:55am
COORDINATOR: KYRIAKOS THOMAIDIS – SPORTS JOURNALIST – TV PRESENTATOR
09:00 – 12:45 Panel A – THE MACOLIN CONVENTION – How it started, where we are, what will offer, why is necessary, actions etc. EU Legislation – How the Member states fight match-fixing in comparison with NON-Eu Countries and how the Associations and Right Holders react to match-fixing
Presentation of the Hellenic Observatory fo the Macolin Convention and the RMF – Reporting Match Fixing Platform
ELEFTHERIOS AVGENAKIS – Minister of Culture and Sports
ANGELO RIGOPOULOS – Managing Director of Integrity & Regulatory of UEFA : Match-Fixing: UEFA’S Legal Framework
LEONIDAS FARMAKIS – Head of Security and Risk Management.
VIRGINIA SAKELLAROPOULOU – DA – COURT OF APPEAL. –PhD in Penal Law – Law school of Athens
SALAZAR MENDIAZ PABLO – EUROPOL.
DIMITRIOS P. PANAGIOTOPOULOS – Sport’s Law Professor – Law University of Athens, President of International Association of Sports Law (IASL), President of the Hellenic Center of research on Sports Law (H.C.R.S.L)
VANGELIS PATSIANTOS – Attorney at Law – Legal Consultant of NOVA
KATERINA GKONTA – Attorney at Law & Marketing Coordinator the Cyprus Football Association
RANY SADER – Attorney At law -SADER Legal Publishing – 1863 Region LEBANON.
EMIN OZKURT – Attorney At Law – The Sole Cas Arbitrator From Turkiye. He Is Also One Of The 30 Arbitrators At The Doha Based Newly Established Qatar Sports Arbitration Tribunal (Qsat). – Turkey
12:45 – 13:00 Questions
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:15 – 18:00 PANEL B (Specialists Panel) TV Right, Trademarks, Anti-Counterfeit, Antipiracy. In this section, we will also show how a fixed game impacts IP rights as well
1. Corruption, Illegal betting and Match Fixing, A global phenomenon? Presented by Penny Konitsioti Attorney at Law – MSc – Head of International Affairs of the Hellenic Observatory for the Macolin Treaty and the fight against Match Fixing.
2. Match Fixing. The most important cases and Decisions in International Level. Presented by Alkis Papantoniou – Attorney at Law Doctor of Law- Sports Law, Researcher Partner at the Hellenic Center of Research on Sports Law. Legal Consultant in Panathinaikos FC
3. Match Fixing under the scrunity of unfair competition law. Presented by Elena Tzoulia, Attorney at Law – PhD Field of Study Commercial law, Ruprecht – Karls University, Law School, Heidelberg Germany
4. The use of betting evidence and suspicious betting alerts to prove and combat match-fixing. Presented by Sofia Spanidou Attorney at Law. Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB), a Master’s Degree in Public International Law (LLM) and an LLM in International Sports Law, Head of Subject Development Division of the Hellenic Observatory for the Macolin Treaty and the fight against Match Fixing
5. Trademarks and how they are affected by a fixed game. Calculating the commercial value and the gap created. What would be the net commercial value of the trademarks and, by consequence, the real value of the club – athlete etc? Presented by Makrydaki Maria – IPR Expert – Gen Director of the Hellenic Observatory for the Macolin Treaty and the fight against Match Fixing
6. Sports corruption and match-fixing: Preventing strategies. Presented by Konstantinos Konstantinidis – Sports Market Expert, Head of Greek Clubs and Betting Providers of the Hellenic Observatory for the Macolin Treaty and the fight against Match Fixing
7. How a non-EU country is dealing with a fixed game and how this impacts the contracts and generally the IP: Region Selected: Lebanon. Presented by Rany Sader who represents the 5th generation of the oldest and most distinguished family-owned Arab Legal publishing house (SADER Legal Publishing) established in 1863.
8. The offence of corruption and bribery to alter the outcome of a fight in the theory and jurisprudence of the Greek courts. Presented by Adamantios D Basaras. Attorney at Law – MSc Criminal Law – Faculty of Law – Athens University, MSc Applied Economics and Finance & Tax Law, Athens University of Economics and Business
9. Impact of match-fixing on the legal relationships of a legal person with third parties and its consequences to the legal person itself Presented by Eirini Kalligerou – Attorney at Law
18:00-18:30 Questions – Closure of the congress
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN. WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT THE REGISTRATION FEE WILL GIVEN TO BENEFICENCE